Monday, February 28, 2011

Answer to my prayer

So, my first week has had a lot of ups and downs. I'm going to tell you the biggest ones
Thursday was stressful. Everything seemes to point my mind towards things I'm going to miss for 2 years, specifically family and friends. So all day long, while fighting mild
depression, i was praying. possibly more fervently than i have most of my life. All i wanted was to have a stronger desire to serve, and for the comfort that would help me. I prayed all day long, whenever i had a free second. After dinner that night, we met our Branch Presidency. They intervewed us all and told us that they would be calling a District Leader for our district. God works in mysterious ways. A call to serve as DL is definitely and answer to a prayer for a desire to serve, because as you havemore responsibility, you have more reason to work. So when they signaled for me to come back out of the classroom to where we were being interviewed, i knew i had to accept. I knew it was an answer to my prayer. I have already been blessed and comforted by this call.
 
Jumping forward to sunday
Every Elder here told us that as you get to and past sunday, everything goes by faster. since it's only the first day since, i can't tell you if i feel thats true or not. anyway, we were told that for sacrament meeting on sunday, they will choose two missionaries, not companions, to speak that meeting. the catch is they don't tell us who it is until it's time to speak, so we all had to prepare a 3-5 minute talk, not knowing if we would be speaking. The subject was given to us on friday, it was The Atonement. In Preach my Gospel, it tells us that as you study the atonement your desire to serve will increase. BOOM. two answers to my prayers.
after they two missionaries spoke, there was a very powerful musical number by the outgoing district. they sang I know that my redeemer lives, and asked us to join in on verse four, the only problem was that i was crying during verse three so i couldn't really participate :)
 
The last talk was by our 2nd counselor in the Brach President. He started out his talk by talking about comic books and superheros. and quickly told us about the best super hero and his super powers
He walks on water, turns water to wine, calms storms, feeds thousands with crumbs, causes the deaf to hear, the blind to see, the lame to walk, and even the dead to rise. above all, her undured all the pain the world ever would, and, overcame death, so that all mankind could too. He does not wear a mask, but a beard. he does not wear spandex and tights, but a humble robe. And, more than anything, he loves us all.
The church is true, and christ loves us all. I miss you all a ton, but i know why i am here and that it is what i am meant to be doing.
I Love you all.

--Elder Braxton C Foust--
 
"He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives I'll sing!
He lives, my prophet priest and king"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment