Monday, August 27, 2012

My report on how to live life

Today is the 27th of August, 2012. 18 months ago, I got out of my parent's mini-van and walked into the Missionary Training Center. I spent 3 weeks there, and then flew to the most foreign land in the United States of America, Texas. Now, in exactly 6 months from today (not that I am counting down) I will go to the Dallas Temple, have testimony meeting and dinner with the departing missionaries, and go to sleep for the last time as a missionary in Texas. This is crazy.
It's rough whenever people ask "how long have you been out?" or "how long do you have left?" because then I start thinking about home and stuff, and I don't want to be trunkie in any way.  
This week was one of those weeks where you just wish people would just use their agency in a way that allowed them to progress. I mean, you wish that every week, byut this week was rough. Tons of punched appointments, nobody came to church, everybody had an excuse, and it was just disappointing. I mean, life goes on, but still, it was just a more dry week than normal. Except with the weather. It has been a really weird August for Texas, we have had a lot of rain this month. yesterday during studies it was sprinkling, then right before we walked out the door to go to church, the sun came out and heated everything up, and it was really humid. We got to church, went to YSA sacrament, then went in for Ward Council with the family ward. During ward council the primary president came in and was soaked, she said it was raining hard. We got out and it was a downpour. It rained like that for most of church, it rocked. That was the hardest rain so far this month, but we've had longer rains that were less intense several times.
 We also got out on the bikes more this week. We live on a big 4.6 mile loop (hence the street name Harmony Circle) and we decided to get the bikes out and ride around it to talk to people and knock on doors. It's a country area, so there is some distance between houses. Most are futher apart than Grandma Stoker's neighborhood. It has been good when we have done that. I love riding the bikes, it just bites trying to convince myself to do it.
 Well, that's about it for this week. I love y'all! Have a great week! Find someone for the missionaries to teach!
 
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment