Monday, September 10, 2012

The tenth day of the ninth month in the year of our lord, two thousand and twelve

What is significant about 9/10/12? well, simply put, it's today. Which makes it a good day. In fact, it makes it a great day. Also, as I was typing this i was just reminded that tomorrow is 9-11. I heard Courtesy of the Red White and Blue the other day, which is what I often think about whenever I hear about terrorism, 9-11, or other things that have to do with our Liberty, Justice, and Freedom. This is America. One thing Texas has done for me is help me be more patriotic. There is no place in the world like America. Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. I am going to have a "come and take it" flag in my room when I get home, cause that's how I feel about America. Just try to bring us down. Nobody can. Nobody, except for us that is. In the world we live in, where morals and ethics are decaying around us, we are bringing about our own demise. Sodom and Gomorrah may be forming around us. Babylon the Great is building up again. We need to keep the commandments of the Lord and eliminate these cities, and instead build Zion around us. (if you don't understand what those are, read the Old Testament, and the New Testament, and the Book of Mormon. All of them explain those.) We need to keep the commandments so that we can prosper in the land. We need a place to start right? So let's start with these. Living the Law of Chastity,  Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, and Living the Law's of Tithing and Fasting. If these three laws are kept, the rest fall into place, and we can experience Zion around us. That's why the City of Enoch was translated. That's why the people in the Book of Mormon were righteous and had no poor among them for 200 years after Christ came. These simple laws were kept.

Anyway, that was a random tangent that all came from me having no idea what to put in the subject line. Funny how those kinds of things happen.
 Transfers are this week. Elder Moore is leaving me, he is going to Hurst North to be with his MTC companion, Elder Jansen (who replaced me in Denton 3 months ago). My new companion's name is Elder Border. I have no idea where he is from, or really anything about him, other than he is tall and plays basketball. Maybe he'll be able to teach me how to actually shoot right. One of the wards in our zone is closing, that's the ward that Elder Johnson (from DHS) was in, he is going to Arlington to be a ZL with his trainer, Elder Ford (who was in the MTC with me). And a ward that has had  a senior couple in it for a long time is getting a set of elders in it now instead. I'm really excited for this companionship, because one of them is a New Missionary (missionaries are not supposed to use the word Greenie), fresh from the MTC. And his trainer is Elder Warburton. I am stoked to have him nearby again. (if any of you don't remember, Elder Warburton is my trainer too). This will be his third "son," so I will have another brother in the mission now. Our zone is actually going to have 3 New Missionaries in it, so it will be fun. I am way excited for this coming transfer.
 Last Friday morning we spent a few hours at the Keller's home doing service. They were putting in Dog Runs and needed help with the big gas powered Auger. The thing about it though is that Texas dirt is not exactly friendly. There was about two or three inches of dirt, and then we hit solid clay. But we got 8 holes dug and 8 posts set, it was fun. Then we used the chainsaw to trim a big tree. It was a lot of fun. Afterwards he fed us Elk and Deer steaks for lunch, he bow hunts all the time. They are actually going this weekend, and he said if he gets one he'll give us some filets. I'm excited for that. They gave us a bunch of tenderized deer steaks that we took home and Chicken Fried, they were delicious. I'm glad Texas has shown me what a real chicken fried steak is. It is good stuff.
 Well, time is short today, so this will be a shorter email. I love y'all! Have a great week!

--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment