Tuesday, April 26, 2011

choosing the right

So transfer calls came yesterday and it is transfers this Wednesday!
I am going to...........
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
Stay in Killeen!!!
Haha, ok, so I forgot to grab my journal today, so I can't give the day by day play by play that I have been in the past.
But I can tell you the last couple days anyway.
So Friday Morning we did an exchange with Elder Rank (DL) and Elder Wood. Wood came to K2 with me and Warburton went to K1 with Rank. This made me Senior Companion for a day. First thing in the morning was a service project, finishing staining a fence that we started last week. We were there for a few hours, and then we had an appointment at 3. This appointment was a complete surprise to us actually. The day before we got a call from a lady asking about us. She said that we had knocked on her door a little while back and talked to someone there (a guy named ron) and that he was asking when we would be back. This was a total surprise to us. We both remembered ron very well. He was in his 60s or 70s, and disabled. He was in a couple wars as a tank mechanic, and the tank rolled on top of him, breaking his back. He has PTSD and memory issues. When we met him he didn't seem that interested, so we weren't really sure if we should go back, but now we knew we should have! So Elder wood and I went over there at 3 with Brother Clark from the ward. The lady that had called us answered the door. She said that ron had not slept well the night before and was asleep now. She was in her 60s or 70s too, and she is his fiance. We talked to her for a while, she seemed happy to have us around. We talked about the restoration and the book of mormon. She had actually been married to an LDS man before, but he was not active, and addicted to multiple substances, so since he was the only member she's ever really known we had the great opportunity to talk a little about agency. Brother Clark started talking about Christ's Baptism at one point, which took me and Wood by surprise, but then we saw why. He talked about how John had the priesthood authority and that's why christ went to him, and he explained that we had the Priesthood and could give Ron a blessing if he wanted it. It was awesome. We are meeting with Ron later this week.
The rest of Friday was pretty uneventful, and I don't want to think back to saturday, cause I'm exhausted, so let's jump to Easter Sunday!
Three weeks ago I was asked to give a talk on Living Righteously on the 24th. As it came up I realized it was easter. great, a full house, haha. It was good though. I enjoyed that topic because as a missionary I get to be bold and be not subtle in calling the general public to repentance over the pulpit and everyone still loves me!
I talked a lot about Agency, choosing the right, and living a good, honorable life. And then I said "Choosing the Right and Living a good honorable life is the best way to get to the terrestrial kingdom" I think I surprised some people with that one. So I talked about how in order to get to the Celestial Kingdom, we have to DO more than that. We must 1) Have Faith in Jesus Christ    2) Repent    3) Be baptized by immersion by the proper priesthood authority    4) Receive the gift of the Holy Ghost    5) Endure to the End ( which really includes the 4 previous steps, being done over and over again via the sacrament and living worthily to take it and renew your covenants) It was a fun talk to give.
Mitch had his baptismal interview on sunday as well! He is getting baptized on Tuesday! (tomorrow) He asked Elder Warburton to baptize him, and I am being a witness and giving the talk on baptism and the holy ghost. It will be excellent.

I was so blessed in my first area. Being put in a ward where I personally work with the Zone Leaders almost every day was huge. They are awesome guys and made a huge impact on me. Elder Nelson, who has been ZL in Killeen 2nd for 4 months now, got called up north, to be an Assisstant to the President (AP). He's such a great missionary and I'm glad I got to work with him. He'll spend the rest of his mission in that assignment. Because he got that transfer call, he left here yesterday to get trained by the current APs, since one of them goes home on thursday. So Elder Martinez has adopted Elder Warburton and myself as his companions until Wednesday when the new ZL gets here. It is going to be so weird having Elder Nelson gone, he was like a 2nd trainer for me, which sounds weird to anyone who hasn't served a mission, but seriously, I love the guy. He is going to be an awesome AP. I'm happy to still have Martinez around, that's for sure.
So last night we had to stay up late becase of Martinez's ZL duties he had to do with transfer calls and stuff, so we didn't get to bed until almost midnight, and we got up at 6:20 to go running this morning. As if I wasn't already sleep deprived enough! but it was great. P-day has been going great, but I haven't written letters yet. I guess that's what I get for playing Flag FOotball with the zone. (which was a blast by the way).
Anyway, I love you all!
3 Nephi 14 is this weeks chapter for you! (or ya'll i guess) (by the way, no I do not say ya'll, so i'm succeeding in my goal so far)

"Sometimes it's the little things that make the big difference" -Elder Martinez's Song that he wrote, and quotes a lot but only the missionaries know that he is quoting his song, so it's funny to us

-- --Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment