Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day

Tuesday was an excellent day. We had the baptism of Mitchell Wayne DeBord, our golden investigator. He is just awesome. Elder Warburton was asked to baptize him and I gave a talk about Baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was so cool.

Wednesday our new ZL got here, Elder White. He's from Centerville Utah of all places. Now in our zone we have 1 from Centerville, 1 from bountiful, and 2 from Kaysville. Davis county is represented well in Killeen, haha.
Thursday morning I woke up feeling like I was going to throw up, so I fell back asleep for the 1/2 hour exercise time, and then got up and got ready for the day. It is weekly planning on Thursdays, so we are in the apartment planning the next 10 days until 2 pm, so that helped me get feeling better. the rest of the day was fine, we got out and worked and I felt fine. The night ended with us going to a less-active member's house to give him a blessing because he was going into surgery for his elbow the next morning. It was awesome.
Friday night was awesome. We had a really good lesson with Rebekah, and if things continue to work like that one than we'll have another baptismal date set by the end of this week.
Saturday morning we did a free car wash at the church. As the Elder's held signs on the main roads and other Elders washed cars, the Sister missionaries were inside the church with refreshments and copies of the Book of Mormon, Every DVD missionaries are allowed to use, and other various things to give to people. They taught people and got information so we can contact them again at a later time. It was great. So much better than tracting. That night we taught Mitch a little about the temple and the 1st presidency (both were questions he brought up) it was a great lesson. At the end we told him more about the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and he asked me to Confirm him and perform the ordinance of giving him the gift of the Holy Ghost. Then he came with us as an exchange to Rebekah's. We taught her the first lesson (the first time we've officially taught one of the discussions to her) and were able to answer some of her questions about the Book of Mormon and about God. It was a good lesson.
Sunday was great. I got some answers to my questions through fasting. Getting to confirm Mitch was awesome. It was such a great experience for me to have the opportunity to do that for someone that I got to teach the gospel to. It reminded me a lot of when I got to confirm Hannah (my cousin for those of you that don't know). That afternoon we went on a short exchange with the Zone Leaders and went tracting with them. We got some great contacts and a couple return appointments, which is crazy because tracting is not effective at all. It got really cold. granted if I were in Utah and someone told me that 55 was cold, I would have laughed in their face, but once you have been in 85+ with 50-100% humidity for 6 weeks, 55 with humidity is freezing. Man we were so cold.
Today it's just as cold, and raining, but we are not complaining, because Texas really needs the rain, there have been a lot of fires around the stated lately, it's been such a dry spring. Hopefully it will keep raining for a while. A couple days of rain would be such a great blessing.
I love you all!
Happy Mothers' Day to all the mothers who read this!
Read the Introduction to the Book of Mormon, and the Testimony of three witnesses, and the Testimony of eight witnesses.


--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment