Monday, September 26, 2011

Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head.


Hello Everyone

Last week I forgot to put on a mormon.org profile, so I will put two on this week. One at the beginning, and one at the end.

This is a great one.


Anyway, This week has been another frustratingly slow one. We work our tails off, and what comes from it? barely any lessons taught this week, no new investigators, and no progressing investigators. But let's look at the positives for a minute

1) I'm still alive.

2) I have good food to eat

3) It is cooler outside than it was all summer, plus I have a car

4) I totally called that Brother Richardson was going to be called as the Bishop in Ponds Park Ward. Which is completely awesome by the way. If you don't know him, that's ok, you can read how awesome he is http://mormon.org/me/3526/Gregg/ :)

Ok, now for the real stuff. I have learned a lot from the Book of Mormon lately. I finished the Book of Alma, which has a lot of war and carnage and stuff, but a ton of doctrine and great information for us to learn from to grow. It is amazing how much we can learn from these events. I've noticed a lot that every prophet quotes Lehi, who was told by the lord "If ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper in the land. If ye keep not my commandments, ye shall not prosper." It is amazing how many times this is said in the Book of Mormon, it is quoted again and again. Obviously, we need to learn from this. Especially now, when you look at the world around us, you look at this ridiculous stuff happening with same sex "marriage" and crap like that. We are going downhill fast. But instead of talking politics, let's just talk about how Mitt Romney is tearing it up! Come on Romney.

anyway, back to gospel stuff that I should actually know about (all I hear about politics is bits and pieces from members). Our country was built on the Christian values, and it needs those values to stand. There is so much the gospel can teach us, so many things that help us in every way. Both in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. We have a lot to learn, and the scriptures are what will give us that knowledge.

I have been studying the atonement lately. Preach My Gospel has great information on the Atonement, if I remember next week I will bring my study journal and give some good scriptures to look up. The thing people don't realize is that we have to DO something in order to take advantage of the Atonement. So, let's talk James' Advice, and do some good works. Let's partake in saving ordinances done by the priesthood, and let's invite others to do so. Everyone. Not just the missionaries, but everyone. That is our duty as Children of God, and that is our Duty as Latter-day Saints.

Last night we got a phone call from the Elders in Joshua (our sister ward). the convo went a little like this

"Hey Elder Foust, do you want to baptize in October?"

"Well, yeah"
"How Early in October?"
"Umm.... I don't know... sometime...."

"Ok, well, you have a baptism"

"Can I call you back when we get to the Apartment?"

"Ok, so what's the story?"
"there's a non-member that's been coming to our ward that lives in your boundaries that wants to get baptized, so we taught lesson 1, and found out where she lives, and now you need to teach her"

So maybe, just maybe, God does bless us for our hard work, even if we don't ever see it coming. We haven't met her yet, but we hopefully will soon. Apparently Sundays work best for her, so we have to wait until church, but this could be the miracle investigator we've been looking for.

AND she was invited by a friend. Member missionary work is a million times for effective than full-time missionary work. Obviously we have to be involved because of priesthood keys and stuff, but it works so much better when the members bring them.

1/700 doors knocked in Texas is a baptism. 1/5 member referrals is a baptism.

So... Invite your friends to learn about the restored gospel in its fullness!

give them a Book of Mormon, have them read the Introduction, and tell them your favorite chapter. If you draw a blank, 3 nephi 11 is a great one. So is Alma 7.


I know this is the True Church.I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father, and that he has called a prophet again in our day. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that the Plan of Salvation is God's plan for our eternal progression and happiness. I know that through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, through Faith, Repentance, Baptism by the Priesthood, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End we can be, and will be saved in the Kingdom of God, in the Celestial Kingdom, with our families forever. I know that we can receive revelation for ourselves, and that the Prophet receives revelation for the whole human family. I know that God doesn't waste time in getting things done. It is done in his time. "No Unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing." The sprit whispers to our hearts, through our thoughts and our feelings. We all have more to learn, and the scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon, will help us do that better than any other source.

This week's mormon.org profile is Kevin Fedderson


By the way, This is legit.
--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment