Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Whoa, we're half way there, WHOOOAA LIVIN' ON A PRAYER‏


This transfer is half over. Crazy sauce huh. And I have been living on a prayer the whole time I have been here.

This area is hard. It is hard for a multitude of reasons. I am not dealing with Montezuma's Revenge like my Brother in Mexico, and I don't have crazy Asian guys with deep scars trying to kill me like my Brother in Cambodia. So I guess I have it pretty easy.

We teach a lot of people on doorsteps out here. I have given out a good number of copies of the Book of Mormon out here too. But I have yet to sit down and have an actual Lesson 1 with anyone here. Nobody is home for our return appointment. Nobody wants to learn. Everyone just says "I'm good, I already have Christ" or "I was saved when I was 16" and crap like that. Well guess what, you don;t know what your missing out on. And when we try to tell them why our message is so important (living prophet, eternal families, celestial kingdom, etc) they just say "I'm good". It is very frustrating.

Let's take a look at that for a minute. "I'm already saved" "I found Christ" and "Jesus has taken my sins" "I'm already going to heaven".

Every one of these statements is true. Yes, that's right, I just said that what all these different denominations of "Christianity" is true. With the knowledge and light they have, and in the situation most of them are in right now, living good, honorable, happy lives, they will be saved in heaven, and not suffer for their sins. But how will they feel when they are let into the Terrestrial Kingdom and they are told "oh, by the way, there's another kingdom above this one."

"Wait... What?"
"yeah, you were saved in heaven, and you'll see Christ, and you won't suffer for your sins, but there's another glory above this one"

"what's so great about that one?"

"Just a couple of things, they live with God and Christ, not just being visited by Christ, and they are with their families forever. Unlike yourself, you will be single for eternity, because you weren't sealed in the temple of God by the Priesthood"

"But I wasn't ever told that"

"yes you were, the missionaries came by and taught you that, but you did not get baptized"

obviously, this is not really how it will go down, this is a dramatization written by Elder Foust.

But the doctrines taught in it are true! Sometimes I just want to say "Look people, you need what I have! You don't know what you are missing! THIS WILL MAKE ETERNITY EVEN BETTER!!!" but I can't do that. It's so sad. There are even members out here that we work with that forget about celestial glory. There are several RMs, all grown with families now, that have fallen into inactivity for a multitude of different reasons. I'm sorry, but none of them will be justifiable to God. But I can't say that to these people because they could get offended, and it is amazing how much damage is done when someone is offended by a missionary. That is the hardest thing for me, I want to be bold and blunt and tell people how it is. Not that they are going to Hell, because that's not true. But that they are missing out on blessings in this life and in eternity. It's all very delicate. So I have to be careful. We all do. Sometimes I just want to shout it from the rooftops, but soap boxing doesn't work anymore. besides, there's not a very busy area to try that in here (i know because I asked).

Look, the Book of Mormon is true. If you don't know it, read it and pray about it sincerely. If you knew it but "forgot" (and I use that loosely) read it again and pray about it sincerely. If you know it is but for some multitude of reasons are not living up to the covenants you have made, whether they be through baptism, or in the Temple, fix it. "Repent ye, repent ye, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!"

Yes, I just called all of you to repentance, and I enjoyed doing it :)

I love you all!

Random side note.

Elder Sare decided I need to carry a business card that says

"I'm 6' 4"

No relation to President Faust"

because every single member in this ward has asked me those 2 questions.



Also, apparently Burleson was founded by the KKK

"All my life I've been waiting for, I've been praying for, for the people to say

That we don't want to fight no more, there'll be no more war, and our children will play

One day...."

"One day" -Matisyahu


--Elder Braxton C Foust--

1 comment:

  1. Elder Foust IS related to President Faust! We are ALL children of our Heavenly Father...therefore, they are Brothers!

    ReplyDelete