Monday, March 26, 2012

Strange Things Are Happening To Me, Ain't No Doubt About It.‏

Transfers!!!! Not to anyone's surprise, I am staying in Denton 3rd ward. Elder Fibke is going home. He was even singing Leaving on a Jet Plane the other morning, which is funny because he is the least trunkie missionary ever. (It really came from the fact that a member was messing with us the night before and singing that, so he just woke up with it stuck in his head). Anyway, I am very excited for this next transfer. My New companion is Elder Fa! My third Tongan companion! I am stoked. He is from California. So I have had 1 from the Island, one from SLC, and one from Cali. Elder Fa was a DL in FT. Worth when I was, so I know him a little, and he has been serving in Killeen 2nd ward as a ZL for 3 transfers, my greenie ward. It is going to be an awesome transfer.
This week was dang good. We didn't really see any cool success or miracles, but we had some cool experiences. On Sunday before church we talked to a guy who was anti-religion. He has the attitutde of "Either God is a jerk that doesn't care about us at all, or he is not actually all powerful. BEcause he allows so much suffering to occur". We had a great conversation with him. The most interesting part of it was the fact that everything negative he had to say, everything that he wanted to use to disprove the existence of a God, was the same reasons why I know there is a God. He allows us to use agency. He allows us to learn and grow by experience. He allows us to choose whether to follow Christ or Satan. He allows confusion, but also clarity, if you look for it. And he allows everyone a chance to hear the gospel, in this life or the next. It was a testimony builder for me as we walked away and I had that realization, that everything negative he could think of was reasons for me to believe. I lvoe the gospel.
That day at church we had a sweet 3rd hour (normally priesthood/relief society hour). All the adults and youth were combined in the chapel for the lesson, taught by Elder Martino of the 70. We talked about the Proclomation to the World, (The Family), and it's importance for us today. It was a really good lesson.
So with that, I invite all of you to have a FHE where you go over the Proclomation together and follow it's advice for a stronger more loving family. And guess what, It doesn't matter if you are not a member of this church, do it anyway. It will strengthen your family no matter what your beliefs and no matter what your situation. Anyone who passes up this invitation is missing out on a great opportunity to strengthen your family. So if you don't do it, it's your loss :) I say that with all my love.
Well, with Elder Fibke going home he has an interview with President Sagers today, so we have to cut the time here short, so I guess I'll wrap it up.

As I sat here wondering what to have for my subject line, I had a song come to my mind. A song from one of the greatest movies ever created, Toy Story.
I feel like Woody during the seen where this song is playing. Everything around me is changing. Some of it seems like it is going to be devastating, things that I don't want to change are changing, things that I wanted to change didn't, and things that I didn't even contemplate have occurred. None of it is bad by any means, it's just different. Like Woody, These changes will end up being for the best, even if I can't see it yet. Everything will work out how it is supposed to. I am being separated from several friends that I have grown close to, but I will see them again eventually. Even if it's not until after my mission when I am reintroduced to the miracle of Facebook :) Strange Things are happening to me. Both socially and spiritually. But I got comfortable, so God knew it was time for a change to keep me growing and learning. 
Let me guess, we're about to go over a huge waterfall
Yup
Sharp rocks at the bottom?
Most Likely.
Bring it on. 
--Elder Braxton C Foust--


No comments:

Post a Comment