Monday, April 2, 2012

I forgot my notebook

My subject Line was going to be one of many quotations from General Confernce, but unfortunately I left my notebook in the apartment, So We'll just have to go without a good quote.
This week has been possibly the most stressful experiences of my life. By far the hardest one ever. And I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for allowing all of it to happen in the week leading up to General Conference, because those two days are the most relaxed missionary days, and we get to listen to the Prophet, I mean, what is better than listening to Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ? There are few things better.
I got a lot out of conference. A couple of my favorite talks were Jeffrey R. Holland Saturday Afternoon, Dieter F. Uchtdorf Sunday Morning, and of course, Thomas S. Monson Sunday Morning. I love being called out by Apostles, because I learn so much about what I can to do learn and grow. I encourage all of you to listen to each of the talks again, and to see what things you can to do better yourselves. Even if you don't believe that this is the true church (which it is). And if it were not, than these men would be nothing more than the most brilliant scholarly motivational speakers in the world, and their advice is free, so listen to them anyway. But they are apostles, and like the apostles of old, their words are scripture. So hear them, learn from them, and grow.
It was cool to see the MTC Choir during Saturday Afternoon session. I am pretty sure I saw one kid from the Davis High Band, but I am not sure if it was him. I can't remember his name either, but he played French horn. Anyway, even cooler than that was the Priesthood session Choir. That was the coolest version of Carry On I have ever heard. So I downloaded it. And it was awesome to see two close ups on Josh and Matt Hadley in the choir.
So you may be wondering why the week was so hard, as I said before. Well, this is why.
Monday afternoon I had to put together all of the logistics for the transferring of those in our zone who were being transferred. This means finding out their ride information, giving it to their new zone leaders, getting the new people coming in's information from their old zone leaders, correlating times and locations with other zone leaders, figuring out who has room for what, and how to get them and all their stuff to their new location, and then, after everything is said and done, typing up a detailed report as to who will be where, when it happens, who they will be riding with, who they are switching with, etc. Overall, by entire preparation day was spent figuring out this crazy transfer information. And I did it all alone, because Elder Fibke had to go to Colleyville for his exit interview. On top of that, our truck was going to be needed for transfers, which means goodbye about 80 miles, and it was the last week of the transfer. We had about 240 miles to use those last 5 days of the month, and the truck was going to and from hurst twice in that time period. SO let's add a little more stress because there is no way I am going past my mile limitations. But it all worked out. We were able to stay under our miles, and everyone got to and from where they needed to be safely. The stress was finally done.
Until Friday night when I got a phone call from President Sagers. Why is it always me getting these calls? Fortunately, for the first time it was not a "someone has passed away." but this time it hit home harder than either of the other 2. It was a huge shock to hear the news, but it was comforting to hear President Sagers' confidence as he told me that Dad was doing well and is in good hands. Then Saturday night, after conference, I got the letter from Mom with more info about what had happened. Luckily it confirmed what President Sagers had told me. He is doing well and is in good hands.
And now I've just been told that he is healing up. God's hand is in everything. He is in control. It's no coincidence that Dad works with our Bishop. It's no coincidence that mom was released from R.S. President before this happened. It is no coincidence that he was able to get in to see the doctor right after working in the temple. And it's no coincidence that this all happened right before Conference. God loves us. He is our Father, and we are his children. He wants what is best for us, and we can communicate with him through prayer. He weeps when we suffer. He rejoices when we do what is right. He sent his Son to Atone for our sins, as well as for our trials, struggles, and pains. I know Christ lives. I know he loves us. I know Father in Heaven lives also, and is providing the guidance we need through our lives. Everything will work out if we do what we are commanded to do. "And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper." I love my Father in Heaven. I love my Savior. 
I love each of you. Please do whatever it takes to reach your divine potential, and to receive all the blessings Father in Heaven has for you.

I love you Dad, get better soon. --Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment