Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I'm dreamin' of a white Christmas

This week has been awesome. If there is a list of things a missionary would love to hear an investigator say, it would look something like this:
- I know the Book of Mormon is true
- We love having you come over
- I heard you don't drink tea, why? (then we teach the word of wisdom) ok, that's good enough for me
- I want to understand all the commandments so I can't break any of them 
- You can come over every day if you want
- People were giving me flak at work for being baptized in the church, but I don't care. I told them I know it's true.

We have the best investigators ever. That family I mentioned last week, who I am calling the Nielsen's (you know, that whole thing about not using people's real names) are incredible. We have taught them about 7 times over the course of a week and a half, and they have come to church both sundays, and the ward Christmas party. And this ward is awesome. The 11 yr old daughter heard them ask the primary kids to go to the primary room to get ready to put on the program they had practiced, and she asked if she could go, so they had her be a narrator, and it was awesome. Her mom was so happy to see them include her like that. It was awesome. And now the 15 yr old is loving it all too. We found out she likes to sing, so I asked her to do a musical number with me and she is learning How Great Thou Art and I'm going to figure out a cool accompaniment to go with it. It will be fun. I can't even tell y'all though how awesome this has been, working with this family. They have been so prepared and are very in tune with the spirit. I have grown to love them like family. Which is crazy cause it's only been a week and a half. I love the spirit involved in missionary work.

We also are seeing a lot of success in finding the people that the missionaries were working with in the past. There is one guy, I'll call him Steve, who really liked the Elders before, and then they combined the wards here and took the elders out and just left the sisters. Well, one of the sisters told him that his house was dark and depressing ( he listens to like metallica and megadeath and stuff like that, so he has posters up) and that he should change it and he really didn't like that. When we knocked on his door he was so excited to see us and set up an appointment for the soonest he could meet with us. I'm excited to teach him tonight, he seems like a cool guy.

We also found a couple that the elders were working with before that live in a sketchy neighborhood that the sisters don't like to go in cause there are stories of it being sketchy, but the other guys used the ride their bikes through there on a daily basis, and we're in a car, so we'll be fine. 

And there are part-member families that have been worked with that we're gonna keep on working with, they have a lot of potential and the ward really feels like they are ready, so we'll be teaching them too.

Things are picking up and we are seeing miracles. I love this work. And we're gonna have the font filled right after Christmas :)


-- 
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment