Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Moses and Aaron‏

http://bl156w.blu156.mail.live.com/mail/clear.gif

I am loving it being here in Granbury. It is so much fun to work back in the country.

My companion's name is Elder Parker, he is from South Jordan Utah. He's about half an inch taller than me, so I am once again in a very tall companionship. And he played football for SUU, so he's built pretty well too. We're a couple of big boys, and we get a lot of comments on that.
Like I said last week, we white washed the sisters out. There are a lot of people that were surprised to see us at church yesterday, some are sad o have the sisters gone, and some are excited to have elders here. And there are actually a couple of members that I already know because of my previous areas.

What I didn't tell you last week was that I was sick as a dog. I've basically gotten over it all except for one thing. On Thursday we had our weekly planning session from 10-2. Over the course of planning, my voice started to get scratchier and scratchier. By the end of it I could barely talk. For the rest of Thursday, all the way through today I have barely been able to talk, and it has been very weird. If you know me, you know I like to talk. And being in a new place with new people, especially with a new missionary, talking is a very good resource to have available. But apparently the Lord has something else in mind. It has been nice though, because Elder Parker has been given the opportunity to be pushed way outside his comfort zone to talk to people because I can't comfortably. So basically, I am Moses and he is Aaron. I have the experience and know what to say, but he has to say it. He has really stepped up too. It has been fun watching him in situations where he doesn't quite know what do to, so he figures it out. I am really impressed with him. We are going to see some miracles these two transfers. Today my voice is still very scratchy and low, but it's not tickling as much as I talk, and hopefully it will all be back by tomorrow or the next day. But we'll see what happens.

We have an awesome family we're teaching. I will call them the Nielsens. The mom and daughters are all on board and want to be baptized, the dad is cool with us being there and everything, but he's not too into it. (yet). But She is on fire. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and loves it, and she's been praying about it and has felt the spirit a lot. She loves coming to church and is just on fire. She told us we can come over every day if we want because she loves talking about it so much. Her one daughter (15) is just now being interesting in religion, and her mom told us that after we gave each of them their own copy of the Book of Mormon, that night she went in to check on her and she was under the covers with a flashlight reading it. They are such and awesome family.

I love this work. It is going to be an awesome area to finish up in.

I love y'all!

www.mormon.org/christmas

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--



The Missionary Outside is Elder Johnson, the one inside is Elder Singleton,

No comments:

Post a Comment