Monday, July 11, 2011

Howdy‏

So I've caught myself saying howdy when I say hi to people. But it's not that weird since I've been hearing my dad say it all my life. Every time I do say it I realize that I'm saying it with the same intonation that my dad does. So two things you can get from this 1) I love my dad a ton and 2) your kids hear everything you say around them, so make sure you only say the right thing. even if you don't think they are listening.


So this week has been pretty slow. We have been working our tails off, but between service, flat tires, and working in K3 once a week (because one of the K3 elders got transferred mid transfer) our area doesn't seem to be growing much. We have had multiple appointments cancel on us, and several people say they will show up to something and not make it. It is discouraging, but the work goes on. The things that really matter are those people who do not give up, who do not let us down, and most importantly through that, not letting Christ down.

We have a great example of someone who does just that.

Aaron is an awesome investigator. I believe I have said something about him before, but just a reminder, he is the roommate to a less active family, the Perrys. He used to be in the army but got out due to injuries and stuff. He is just awesome. This past Saturday our ward had a triple baptism. Three nieces of Nate Helsham, who was baptized earlier this transfer, and was taught by Martinez and White. We invited all of our investigators to it, but Aaron was the only one who made it. The greatest thing about the fact that he made it is that he had the best excuse of anyone to not make it. Here's the story.

Saturday morning Aaron and Brother Perry were going to go fishing. They got in the car and were on the freeway. Aaron handed Bro Perry (who was driving) a cigarette and he dropped it (we had just taught them the Word of Wisdom the night before) They both looked down and were trying to find it and grab it. Finally Bro Perry looked back up to see the guard rail right in front of them, and he tried to correct to dodge it, but he overcorrected and in the process, managed to hit the back of the car (which I guess fishtailed a bit) on the guard rail and send them flipping through the air. They rolled the car 5 times (doing 70 mph) and finally stopped upside down. They both decided they were ok when there was literally no blood anywhere. So they got out of the car, people stopped to help, and the ambulance came, They were then in the ER for 6 hours. after all this ordeal had ended, and neither one had any serious injuries (just scratches and bruises from the seatbelts that they were wearing) they went home, rested for a minute, and then came to the baptism.

Yeah, Aaron is basically freaking awesome. They know that there was divine intervention protecting, and they both recommitted to stop smoking. And they made it to church the next day. Aaron is scheduled for baptism on the 23rd, and I know he will make it. Unfortunately that is right after transfers, so I may or may not be here.

Speaking of transfers, that is next week, so if you are going to mail me anything do it by Friday at the latest, and if you do after that, send it to the mission office address

1331 Airport FWY STE 305

Euless TX, 76040

well, I'm basically out of time now.
I love you all!

The Church is true. We have God's Authority.
--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

I have a profile do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment