Monday, July 25, 2011

Round 4‏

Here goes transfer number 4 in Killeen. I'm so glad I get to still be here, because there are a lot of people that I love working with.

This past week has been interesting with the transfer. I'm the companion that knows the area, so I basically plan the days and lead out what we do. And I have to ride in front, which means I can't draft off my comp like I used to do when there was a strong head wind.

Anyway, Elder Brindley is awesome. He's from St. George, and he's been out about 15 months. I don't really know what else to say about him.

We had a couple of good days this week. Saturday was weird though. We had a ward breakfast for Pioneer Day, which was awesome, then right after that we went to help the Pitkin family pack up to move. It is so weird to think they'll be gone because we saw them a lot over the last 3 transfers. They are an awesome family and I'll miss working with them. Hopefully the missionaries in OK will get the referral we sent and find them. after we helped them we went to a Guam Liberation party thing at a park near our apartment. There were a couple hundred Polynesians there, from all over the place. The 6 white guys in white shirts and ties stuck out like a sore thumb, and everyone wanted to make sure we got enough food to eat. It was hilarious. I wish everyone could be as generous and accepting as Polynesians are. They are just awesome. Plus the food was great. Then after that, Sister Pitkin called because they were still way behind schedule and asked if we could help some more, so we gave them another hour, and then we're helping them tomorrow morning when they come back for the 2nd load.

Aaron is getting baptized on Saturday! as long as he doesn't smoke again. If he does we'll push it back, but I'm praying he has the strength to overcome it.

I'm basically out of time on the computer, the internet at the library was down for the first 15 minutes I had, so I only had 45 to do my letter to president, and reply to a couple on here, So I'm sorry for the short email.

Pictures will be on the way in the next couple weeks. P-days are just crazy.

Love you all!

Read Alma 39 and find the answer to the Question of the Soul "How can I avoid the evils that threaten my family?"

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment