Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Playing a lullaby with two mallets on my ab-xylophone‏


Excuse the random Old-Spice reference. I do not know why, I just felt like using it.

Many of you may be wondering why this email is a day late. Well let me tell you

Yesterday we had a wonderful opportunity, a wonderful opportunity that I've known about for a couple weeks, but I failed to mention beforehand.

But first, I'll tell you about my companion.

Elder Pipher is from Vernal Utah. He is a very hard worker, and very optimistic. He is really outgoing and ready to learn. I was very blessed to be training a missionary that is ready to work like this.

And I feel short. Seriously, we walk up to doors and I see our reflection in the glass/screen door and I look short.

Elder Pipher is 6' 6''. whereas I am a mere 6' 4''. it's a little depressing. But he is extremely skinny and lanky. He can put both legs behind his head. (pictures will be coming shortly). It's a good balance though, he's really tall and very skinny, whereas I am still rather tall, but I have some bulk too.

So basically, people open their doors and think "Why are there two huge [white guys] standing on my doorstep?" (they only think the word white if they are of a different skin color, which is not as common in Burleson as it was in Kileen)

Anyway, he is an awesome guy.

back to our excellent opportunity we had. Elder David S. Baxter from the 1st quorum of the 70 came to tour the mission this week. This means that there is a mission conference. 1/2 the mission was there yesterday, 1/2 the mission today. we got lucky in that it was our stake center that we went to. The half the mission that was in our conference was (the zones) Ft. Worth (us), Denton, weatherford, Waco, and Kileen!!!! So I got to see my guys again. Which was awesome. Also, Elders Ford and Davis from my MTC group are in the Denton Zone, so I got to see them again. The first thing Elder Davis said to me was "Elder Foust! You didn't go home!"

He was joking, he didn't actually think I went home, but we haven't seen each other for 7 months. Elder Toki is in Arlington, so we didn't get to see him unfortunately, but I think we will have a zone conference with Arlington this transfer, so hopefully I'll see him again soon. Elder Martinez, my first zone leader, is now AP, so I got to see him last week at the trainers meeting and then yesterday at the conference, so that rocked. Elder White is still ZL in Kileen, so I got to see him, Elder Nelson, my other first ZL is in Waco, so I got to see him. Almost every single missionary I've worked around was there except Elder Toki.

Anyway, I learned a ton at this conference. I received a lot of personal revelation as well as revelation from my training. This is awesome. I can't really share much with you about it, because it was a lot of personal stuff. But Just so you know, it rocked. President and Sister Sagers gave trainings, and then Elder Baxter did. It rocked.

Well, I'm guessing none of you are really regulars on mormon.org, I definitely wasn't before coming out here, So I am going to share with you the newest video profile, it is also my new favorite.

Have you ever heard of the band "The Killers"?


I love you all!

--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment