Monday, October 10, 2011

Strange Women Lying in Ponds Distributing Swords is No Basis for a System of Government!‏


This week has been a lot of fun and hard work. We did our "no drive day" for the month already (at least one day per month where you put 0 miles on the car) and we got to eat at what some people consider the best fast food place in The Burleson/Crowley area. I really liked it, it's called Nicky D's. The burger was way good, with a ton of bacon on it and really good home-style fries. The icing on the cake was the 70's radio station playing so I got to hear some Styx too. Tender Mercies anyone?

But that's not even the best thing that happened. We did an exchange this past Friday-Saturday. For anyone who doesn't know what I mean, Missionary Leaders (District leaders and zone leaders) conduct companion exchanges each transfer. for 24 hours companions trade. So this time I went to Ft. Worth 2nd and 3rd ward with Elder Warburton. It was awesome to work with him again. I had a couple realizations as we worked together. The biggest one is that my contacting methods and teaching methods match up with his. a lot. it just goes to show you that you learn a lot from your trainer. I can tell I got a lot of my confidence in the work from his attitude. I'm grateful to have been trained by him. But so we had a dang good exchange, even though we didn't have a dinner appointment. Even when you consider the fact that my companion (Elder Sare, who was in our wadr with Elder Gypp) was eating filet mingion (or however you spell that) and Gillatto (again, however that is spelt) while I was having day-old little ceases pizza. and I'm not exaggerating either. But that's ok. It's just food. We stayed up a little bit later than we should have talking, but that's to be expected when you get two buddies in the same apartment.

The next morning is when the biggest thing this week happened.

I'm going to pull a president Monson here and give a random tangent that seems to have nothing to do with what I'm talking about but then become completely obvious really fast.

Each time transfers come around, we get our calls on Monday morning from the Zone Leaders. the exception is for those serving in leadership positions. They get a call from president Sagers on Saturday morning.

It is now Saturday morning, October 8th, 2011. it is 9:05 AM. Elder Warburton and I are having our companion study, we just finished the opening song and prayer. As we begin talking about our personal studies that morning the phone goes off. Now, this is not the regular ringtone set for just anyone. This is an alarm that sounds like a "Low Health" Warning from a video game (seriously, play kingdom hearts and get low health, then you'll know what sound I'm talking about). This is a sharp sound, it cuts across the room. My mind starts to think "Elder Warburton is District Leader and training right now. He's been training Elder Gypp for 6 weeks, and with the new 12 week training program, he has to stay here and continue training him for the next 6 weeks. So that call is not for him.

I was right.

Elder warburton hands me the phone after he speaks with President Sagers for a moment.

"Elder Foust, The Lord wants you to train a new missionary"

...

...

...........

...

etc. etc. etc. (conversation going on)

Boom. I am going to be training a new missionary in Burleson starting on Wednesday, October 12th. I will meet him at about 10 o'clock AM on that morning. We are guaranteed to be together for 2 transfers, so until January 4th at least.

I am freaking stoked.

I am very grateful for the chance I had to be with my trainer when I got that call, because it changed the topic of our discussion. He helped me better understand some things. And now I have him there to help me along the way. I am also very grateful for President Henry B Eyring's talk this past week in Priesthood session where he talked about Leadership in the priesthood, our preparation for it, and God's support and qualifications for it.
I'm excited, I'm nervous, and I can't wait.

Strange Women Lying in Ponds Distributing Swords is No Basis for a System of Government, but an inspired man in a suit with a nametag and priesthood keys definitely is a basis for establishing the leadership in the Lord's missionary service. "Whom the Lord calls he Qualifies." Has become my new motto. I am praying for help in that every moment I get.

This is the true church. This is where God wants his children to be. I'm not saying this is where he wants some of his children, I'm not saying you just need to follow his teachings here and there. I am saying THIS is the only Church god wants you to attend. This is the only true church of God on the Earth. This is where he has placed his priesthood. This is the church that Christ himself directs and guides. There is no middle ground, there is no other way. This is the only way.

If you don't believe that, or if you aren't sure for yourself, or if I just offended you, Prove me wrong. I dare you. The only way you can is by Reading the Book of Mormon and Praying about it and having the Holy Ghost testify to you that it is not true, so that you can have true conviction and the spirit when you tell me otherwise. So I dare you to try.

There are two mormon.org profiles I want to share with you. One is a long one to read, but I promise you it will be worth it.


The other one has an awesome video


I love you all!

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment