Monday, October 24, 2011

Do what he wants done. Say what he wants said


I am a missionary. But I am much more than that. I am a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place. To say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me.

I have taken upon myself the name of Jesus Christ through the covenant of Baptism by Water, and by Fire. Performed by the Priesthood of God. I have been born of the water and of the spirit. Because of this covenant, I will forever be a witness of Jesus Christ. I will forever stand in his army. I am a Child of God. And he has sent me here. He has sent me to invite others to Come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel, through Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. He has sent me here to help people achieve exaltation.

So do whatever it takes to learn for yourself. I promise that I know this message is true. This is the true church on the Earth today. Jesus Christ himself leads this church, through the Prophet, his mouthpiece, his servant.

This week has been a great learning tool for me. I have learned a lot as I have trained Elder Pipher. It is only the end of week 2, and we have both grown a ton. I understand my purpose better now than I ever did before. I understand the importance of the Atonement better than I ever did before. I understand the importance of this work.

We have done a lot of tracting this week. It has been really fun to see Elder Pipher grow and learn how to talk to people. To break him out of his comfort zone, he initiates the door contacts, and I don't jump in until he freezes. He has made it through a couple completely on his own now. The other day he did a couple in a row and it was great. Of course, to end that street of course the last guy was aggressive and tried to get us to fall over ourselves. It wasn't anti or bible bashing, but rather "Do you actually care where I go to church, or is it just part of your sales pitch?" stuff like that. Of course, he did let us know that he knows "quite a bit" about the Mormons. I won't go into much detail, because it's not that important, but needless to say, I jumped in on this one and we got out as soon as the situation was cooled down.

But let's talk about the exciting stuff.

We have a baptismal date set for November 17th! The problem is she doesn't want to come to our ward, she wants to go to the other ward that meets in our building. The problem with that (since I'm sure many of you are wondering why) is that the God's church is a church of order. perfect order. Priesthood keys are set up in a way that puts the stewardship for the people in an area under the keys, not necessarily the group that decides to go at which time in the day. So we will get it figured out with President Sagers and the Stake President out here and she will get dunked.

Also, we have a 9 yr old that we get to teach and baptize! his father is a less-active member, and his step-mom is not a member. She has been taught before, but enjoys smoking so she doesn't want to quit, so she can't be baptized yet. But the kid can. So that will be great fun. I love teaching kids, because it all gets to be simple. I am so glad I got to help teach Hunter Mott in Kaysville before my mission, because that really helped me better understand how to teach simply and prepare me for my mission.

There's also a 17 yr old with a less-active dad who has expressed an interest in baptism, so we will be teaching him in the future. Connecting with him will be really easy, because he's a computer gamer. specifically he plays a certain game that I played a lot of back in the day (LoL for anyone who cares) so that was an instant "in".

We also may be teaching and baptizing a 12 year old. Her mother is investigating but is not currently in a situation to be baptized anytime soon, but told us that her daughter has been reading the Book of Mormon, so hopefully we'll get to teach her.

And the icing on the cake, A member in our ward has a friend from work that has been learning about the church from him during their lunch breaks. He is a recently returned missionary, from a couple years, so he has taught him from Preach my Gospel lessons 1 and 2, and now he wants to meet with us. We were supposed to teach him last Saturday, but something came up, so this coming weekend we will be meeting with him. Members make all the difference.

every single one of these situations are from members, not from our finding efforts. it just goes to show you how important members are.

The mormon.org video for this week is a great one.


I have seen a couple different people in my life go through issues with cancer. At the moment, there is one man in particular that has been on my mind and in my prayers. I really admire him and love him, he is a very caring and respectful man that has raised an amazing family. Jim, thank you for your example of hard work and sacrifice. for the love you have for your family and for all that you do. I love you.

Love you all!


--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment