Monday, January 23, 2012

Ne Fai Pe Me Kalevale‏

Hey Howdy Hey!

This past week flew by so fast. It is crazy to think it's already p-day again. It has been a busy week, with a lot of zone leader stuff and a lot of fun proselyting stuff too. But, not really a lot of exciting new experiences to share, so as always I will try to hit the main points.

First of all, I will tell you a little about my companion, Elder Lao. He is Tongan, and from SLC. He's got a great singing voice and can play guitar dang well. We like to jam when there's a piano around. He speaks Tongan, but it has been dwindling a bit while he's been away for a while, he goes home in 4 months. Elder Lao is one of the best missionaries I have ever met. He knows how to listen intently to what people are saying and shows sincere interest in what they say and feels what they feel. He is very in tune with the spirit. I am very blessed to be learning from him. He is a hard worker and definitely understands his purpose. He is one of the funniest guys I have ever met, and his humor is very dry and sarcastic, which is hilarious. I love it. Dry humor is my favorite. Random fact, his first name is Heikoti, which translates to Hagoth in English. If you don't know what is significant about that, go read the 63rd chapter of Alma. He has been teaching me a little bit of Tongan, we sing a song called Ne fai pe me kalevale, which means take the name of Jesus with you. It is awesome, I can even pronounce the words correctly. There will be videos of us singing and playing stuff on an SD I will send home, so if you want to see it you'll have to ask my parents to show it to you.

Anyway, that's a bit about Elder Lao. I hope we get to serve together for more than one transfer.

Well, we set a baptismal date this past week! We are going to call this sister Hazel. Hazel is awesome, she is dating a member who grew up in Orem, and he is very supportive of her, but she's also not just investigating for him, because he is less-active and not pushing it. They both want to find a church they can grow closer to Christ and to each other in, so this is the right choice. We are going to help them become an eternal family. She is very open and she even reads the Book of Mormon and prays. She told us that everything we have taught her makes sense, and she us going to get baptized on the 25th of February.

I got to go on exchange this past week with Elder Jardine. Elder Jardine was trained by Elder Whittier in Joshua while I was in Burleson, so we know each other very well, because we spent every p-day together. He and I rode bikes and contacted all day long, it was a lot of fun and we learned a lot. it felt good to be on bike all day again, but I am definitely out of practice. Luckily, Elder Lao's last 2 companions finished their missions here in Denton3 and left their bikes behind, so I did a pick n pull to make my bike a little less crappy. ok, that just brought up a story.

About a year ago, two missionaries Elder Lao and Elder Poole were on bikes going to visit a less-active member. They planned on only being there for a minute, so they didn't lock their bikes up. Lo and Behold, 20 minutes later they got out and one of the bikes was missing. It was the bike Elder Poole had borrowed from Elder Rose, their DL. Well, Elder Lao was very upset and he jumped on his bike and started riding around looking for it, with Elder Poole close behind him. He spots 3 kids walking down the street, one of them sitting on Elder Rose's Bike. So Elder Lao rode as fast as he could at them (from behind) and when he got to them, he grabbed the kid on the bike by the back of his collar and yells "Get off the Bike!" The young man jumps off the bike and says 'hey man... I uh.. I saw some kid take it, so I took it from him...." Needless to say, Elder Lao got Elder Rose's Bike back for Elder Poole. Well, three weeks ago Elder Lao was reintroduced to Elder Rose's Bike, because it is now Elder Foust's bike. Funny how things all seem to work together, it's like a big, metaphorical patchwork quilt of awesome epic city.

random other fact for the day, today is my 11th birthday! Crazy how fast time flies by.

The pictures attached are from a member in the ward. They have a ton of animals in their house. I have never held a tarantula before this, so it was exciting to do. They are very interesting creatures that is for sure.

Well, I am running out of time, so I will just say thank you to everyone who has emailed and written me lately, i always love hearing from people.

I love you all! This church is true!
--
--Elder Palasitoni C Foust--









No comments:

Post a Comment