Monday, February 13, 2012

My world is changing, I'm rearranging

This past transfer has been the fastest of my life. Honestly, January has flown by, and February is half over, (by the way Camron, my year mark is not for another week and a half). And this week things are changing.
As a Zone Leader, we get the "Transfer Doctrine" on Saturday so we can correlate rides with the other ZLs in the mission. So we went to the church at 11 to get the email with the information in it. Elder Lao is leaving, he is going to be a DL in Fort Worth, and he's going to do the second 6 weeks of training with his "grandson" (the trainee of someone he trained). So that'll be cool for him. My new companion is going to be Elder Fibke. He has served the last 3 months as an assistant to the President, so he definitely knows how to work and how to be exactly obedient, so this is going to be great. He was Elder Martinez's last companion, if anyone remembers me talking about him at all. Anyway, Elder Fibke is a good guy but this will be a very different transfer. Elder Lao is extremely extroverted, whereas ELder FIbke is a total introvert. So now I need to be the energized ZL to keep people enthusiastic in the Zone. I have become what Richard Payne was in marching band "The Motivator". Which brings me to my next thought.
We had a MOTR this past week with the sisters (MOTR is a companion study with a companionship of sisters and their DL) and at the end we talked about the biggest changes we have seen in ourselves from our missions, and I said that mine was the fact that I am so happy, and that I do not get angry anymore, whereas before I had a horrible temper (which ya'll know already) but I don't anymore. One of the sisters said” I do not believe that at all, I can't imagine you getting even a little mad. You are always so happy!" It's just weird, I mean I obviously do see it myself, but the fact that I actually am better now still throws me off. But, it's obviously a good thing.
So I heard the other day that Randy Travis got arrested, in my Zone boundaries for public intoxication or something like that, I'm not sure what it was.. Funny random fact anyway.
The other thing that was weird about this past week, it frickin's snowed last night!!!!! It rocked driving through snow again, seeing the flakes coming down towards you "like flying in hyperspace in star wars" as Elder Lao put it last night.



The other big news I heard was that Washington State is the 7th state to legalize Homosexual Marriage. What are these people thinking? What the heck is going on? Let's take a look at the Bible, every time this thing happens, destruction, pain, suffering, and God's wrath is experienced throughout the land. Best example, Sodom and Gomorrah. Fires descended from Heaven and consumed all involved. The Law of Moses had death penalties for this. And Peter and Paul both talk about it quite a bit in the New Testament. And yet, people still think its ok. Something big is going to happen, something that will humble us as a country and bring us to the pits of despair. 10 years ago it was 9-11. What will it be this time? What is it going to take to bring us back to humility? I am starting to think that those who we see as terrorists are not much different than the Laminates in the Book of Mormon. As long as we are faithful in keeping the commandments, we prosper and are protected, but as we fall away, those who are our enemies because of the traditions of their fathers will gain victory over us and we will have to repent in order to obtain God's mercy and help. I am glad to be in Texas where almost everyone has similar views, and this state will allow gay marriage about the same time Utah will. Never. So that is a plus to being here. All I can say is we need to live the Doctrine of Christ as individuals and families, and invite others to do the same, so that we can be protected. Just as before Christ came to the Americas, before the second coming the wicked will be destroyed and only those who were righteous will survive to see the Messiah. We need to live righteously. We need to change our Behaviors, Thoughts, and Beliefs to be in line with God's. I wish I could be like Samuel the Laminate and stand on a wall and cry repentance. I have the same desire as Alma, Oh that I were an Angel and could declare it with the sound of a trump! Wake up America! Repent and be baptized! Choose the Right! Follow Jesus Christ!
I love ya'll a ton!

A Quote from an investigator reading out of the Book of Mormon yesterday "When y'all are in the sevice of your fellow beings, y'all are only in the service of your God."

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment