Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What does a Cowboy, A ranger,Six Flags, and King of the hill all have in common?

Well, it is transfers this week, and if any of y'all are familiar with Texas at all, you'll know that the answer to the question in the subject line is this:
Arlington Texas
I am getting transferred to the great city of Arlington Texas, and I am freaking stoked. My new companion is Elder Connor Johnson, from Fruit Heights Utah. The same Elder Johnson who I went to Davis High School and played in band with. We are going to have way too much fun. This may even be my last area....
my new address is:
6102 Hedgeapple Ct.
Arlington TX 76001


Oh yeah, as for the Riddle Last week
Fill in the Blank
The ____________ is a good law, although adapted to a lower spiritual capacity than is required for obedience to the gospel in its fullness.

My Dad said "The Law of Moses." which is close. It would be the correct answer if the riddle's wording said "The ____was a good law" not "is a good law"
So with the present tense, the correct answer is actually
The BYU Honor Code is a good law, although adapted to a lower spiritual capacity than is required for obedience to the gospel in its fullness. :)
One interesting thing about Missionary work is that you are always supposed to leave the area stronger than you found it. I'm happy to say that I feel like this is the case. This week the whole zone did the best we have all 4 1/2 months I have been here. We even have a brand new family of 4 who all came to church yesterday and really liked it. But it is sad that I won't get to teach the rest of the lessons to them. I won't get to see them baptized. Obviously the important thing is that they do get taught and are baptized, but sometimes it hurts to leave the field right before the harvest, and know that someone else will enjoy the fruits of your labors. But I am comforted by the words of Paul in 1 Corinthians 1
"Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"

In the same way, it does not really matter whether or not I get to be present for their baptism, or any of the other three families that we are teaching, what matters is that they have found the gospel.
I am excited for Elder Border, his new companion is Elder Phister, who I was with in Denton. Both of the missionaries that I trained as ZLs are now companions. And Elder Phister is following in my footsteps. He had 4 different companions in his 4 transfers in Denton, and is now coming to Weatherford. I also had 4 companions in my 4 transfers in Denton and then came to Weatherford. Just kind of funny.
This Saturday was a really cool day. At 11 we had our first appointment with the family of 4 I mentioned before. They came to the church for our first lesson, and were able to see a baptism, then get a church tour, and then have the first lesson. They loved it. They have been prepared like I have never seen before, and they are seeing answers to their prayers, and are also the answers to prayers here. They sat on the second row in sacrament meeting yesterday. Members here don't even sit that close, but they were up there before we even got in the chapel.
Later on on Saturday we had another baptism in the stake center. the Mineral Wells elders had 3 actually. 2 of those have been investigating for 2 years. They are also 72 and 75 yrs old. When the wife (75) was baptized, and came out of the water, the look of pure joy was incredible. I have never seen someone with so much happiness and just pure joy in their face before. It was incredible.
I am going to miss working here, I have had 2 awesome companions in Weatherford, and the members are great. Plus serving in the YSA was a blast. Speaking of YSA, I heard through the grapevine that a member from the YSA was stalking the Foust in Fort Worth blog (the link is on my mormon.org proflie, so that's my guess) so in case she reads this "Hi Bonnie! I hope you're having fun at BYU Hawaii!"
But I am seriously stoked for Arlington. Actually, Elder Johnson trained Elder Moore, so that ties us all in there even more. I am also really excited with my transfer call because I am still a zone leader, and Nov. 12 Elder Shayne M. Bowen of the 70 is coming and is going to have meetings with all the missionaries, but also an extra one with the Zone Leaders, so that will be cool. The entire Arlington stake geographically is smaller than the Weatherford Ward alone, so I am going from a huge zone to a small one, which will be weird, cause Denton Zone was almost as big as Weatherford.
Long story short, I love being a missionary. And I am really excited to keep going.
I love y'all! Have a good week!

--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment