Tuesday, October 30, 2012

De Ja Vu‏

It is so weird being back in the city, after spending so much time in the country (where i have been since January). From the sounds of it, Elder Nielsen and I are having a similar situation. Other than the fact that Texas Country and Cambodia Country are very, very different places. And I imagine Texas city and Cambodia city are very different too. But that's all beside the point.

This area reminds me so much of Burleson it's not even funny. Maybe even more of my exchanges in Fort Worth, but still, this is the Metroplex. And it has been a year since I was there, so the weather just adds to the memories. Plus, the library that I am sitting in right now uses the same system as the Burleson library and the login and everything is identical. So it is even more like where I was before. The biggest difference now is that I am not training a new missionary, but instead I am with another experienced missionary and we have a lot more responsibilities. Yay.... But I really love being a zone leader, so I'm not complaining.

I don't really know what to say about my new area. Things are going well, we are working to find people to teach and baptize. We are working hard. We live with some really cool members, the Idles. But they are moving once their house sells, so I may be moving at some point, who knows.

I have been studying the Abrahamic Covenant, and it has a lot of really good stuff in it. I realized something though, the basic outline of the Abrahamic covenant is the covenants we make at baptism and confirmation, as we receive the priesthood, and as we are endowed and sealed in the temple. The blessings given to Abraham are available to all of us as we make and keep those sacred covenants.

So to again quote , "So if you have made covenants, keep them. If you haven’t made them, make them. If you have made them and broken them, repent and repair them." (The Laborers in the Vineyard, April 2012 General Conference)

If you don't, you cannot inherit all the blessings our Father in Heaven has for us. Our eternal progression depends on how we use our agency. So make a choice.

I love all y'all ;)
-- 
--Elder Braxton C Foust--



No comments:

Post a Comment