Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Let me tell you a secret about a father's love


Happy Halloween everyone!

I don't really have anything crazy to tell you about this week. Sorry. I wish I did.

Saturday was the ward Chili Cook-off and Pie Baking Contest Halloween party Trunk r' Treat. Elder Pipher and I got to judge the Chili and the Pie. It rocked because I got a little bit of everything, and got to eat before the crowd hit. It was a good little activity. we had some fun.

I'm really just drawing a blank right now on what else to tell ya'll ;)

Nothing really big or cool happened this week. It was just a regular week full of the everyday stresses of being a missionary. I got cards from Eli, Caleb, Hannah, and Lily, so that was awesome. Letters from home are always great to get :) (hint hint to people that haven't written me for a while) Then again, I am pretty bad at doing hand written letters back, so I apologize for that, I am working on doing better at that part.

We have a less-active lady coming back to church, and she has been bringing her 3 kids, all of which have not been baptized, so we talked to her about it yesterday and she asked her kids and apparently they all want to be baptized, so now hopefully we will get to teach and baptize them. The only thing that would stop it would be the non-member father. We'll figure it out. Unfortunately they are in the process of moving right now, so we may not get to teach it all to them and they will finish up in their new area, which is good that they'll still get baptized, but I just wish we could be involved in the whole thing.

One of the missionaries out here has a "Christian rock" cd. I am not really a fan of this particular cd because it is parodies of popular songs, and the instrumentation and music in them is spot on so if you are not paying attention to the lyrics, it's just rock n roll. for example, the song Corinthians is In The End by Linkin' Park. Or Tom Say Ya (which I do actually like) (it's about doubting Thomas) is Tom Sawyer by Rush. Anyway, I was reading in the lyrics of the CD the other day to see what doctrine was taught, and it was pretty disappointing. People are convinced that Grace means that all they have to do is "confess Christ as their savior" and they are saved forever from everything. But that's not at all how it works. We have to DO something. we have to SHOW our faith. It's in the Bible. It's in the Book of Mormon. Every man must work out his salvation. We are saved by grace after all that we can do. We have to perform the ordinances of salvation by the power and authority of the priesthood. That is also in the Bible. Why did Jesus go to John to be baptized? Because he had the Aaronic Priesthood, that's why. The Priesthood is critical.

Well, the subject line of this email has to mean something right?

This week, although it has been slow, has been hard for me. I'm not sure why but I was down for quite a bit this week. So I prayed a lot for strength and guidance. One day we were riding with Elder Whittier (from our sister ward) and he had a country Christian cd in. This song came on and it reminded me about the power of the Atonement and that Christ and God are there for us at all times. Obviously this wasn't the moment I learned about the Atonement, but I love music, so it spoke to me a little bit in the way I needed it to (even if it is country....)

I would suggest listening to this song sometime, I like it (Again, even if it is country.....)

"Let me tell you a secret about a father's love, a secret that my daddy said was just between us. He said father's don't just love their children every now and then. It's a love without end amen."


Well, I guess this is it. Here's a mormon.org profile


I love you all, and Happy Halloween!

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment