Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Make like a plumber and get the crap outta here‏

Elder Nielsen has done a great job of using song lines as all of his subject lines, so I figured since I'm in Texas I should use the door mat sayings I see on a daily basis. This was a great one I saw on Thursday.
Ok, I probably won't use many more, but I needed a subject line and that seemed like a good one.
This week has been awesome. We had a great District meeting, We had a great exchange with our District Leader, and we had a great weekend.
What makes it all so great? Well, we did a lot of bike riding, a lot of talking to people, a lot of doors slammed in our face, a lot of people looking out their windows to see who it is and straight up dissing us by not answering, and a lot of great lessons.
We taught this awesome lesson to the son of a less-active brother in the ward. I will not use his name for privacy's sake (something President Sagers asked us somewhat recently I believe I said something about it about 2 months ago), but I will call him Elvis. Why Elvis, well, because that's the name that popped in my head. So Elvis is 17 years old. Like I said, his dad is a member but not active. Elvis visits his Dad and grandma every weekend. This weekend we taught him and he told us that he has wanted to be baptized for a long time, and that he finally is ready to make the step and do it. We taught him the Restoration and he accepted the baptismal invitation and accepted a baptismal date for December 10th. I am stoked. He told us that he is not doing it for anyone else, just himself.
On Thursday we have a baptism! It is a 16 year old girl, we will call her Grace. Why? Because That is one of the words in the street name she lives on that's why.

Grace is awesome, she has been coming to church for the last couple months and has been preparing for baptism. She is moving in a couple weeks, so we won't get to see her continue to grow in her testimony, but she already told us she knows how to find her new ward, so that's awesome. I will be sending pictures from the baptism next week (hopefully :P )
So, if you remember last week I told you about the three little girls, well they are still learning a lot and love it. They love the church and their mom is optimistic that their dad will allow them to be baptized once he sees... something, i don't even know what. We don't know his concern yet. but we're working on it, and so is she.
We have 2 other good investigators but not a lot of progress there yet. Well, one of them is a 9 yr old boy, and he loves going to church and learning, so we will set a date for him with his parents sometime this week. The other is an 18 yr old, I am not sure how much he is really interested, we will see where it goes.

So there is a great scripture in Matthew 10:22. "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: But he that endureth to the end shall be saved." I love this scripture for a couple of reasons. One, it is the Doctrine of Christ (The Doctrine of Christ is Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End). The other reason is ties in with the first. It is that we do have to DO something to be saved. God doesn't give us commandments just for fun and say "Oh, by the way, if you proclaim Christ, and then you are saved anyway, so don't worry about the commandments". NO! What he says is Endure to the End.

Do everything you have to in order to be as good as you can be. So many people out here "Confess Christ" and think all is well and done, and then go out and hit up Golden Corral for a big Church Dinner after services. Ummm... .What about keeping the Sabbath day holy? Bible Thumpers that don't even get what's in the scriptures really bug me with their hypocrisy. And I don't feel bad at all that hypocrites bug me, because they bugged Christ too.
And then you get people that come out and say "You Mormons can't be a true church, because your teaching and organization are not in line with the bible"
........ Really?
Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Luke 10:1 after these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
1 Corinthians 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
1 Corinthinas 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
Yeah... let's see... Show me any other church that has all of these principles and comes even close. Not gonna happen
There's my rant for a minute.
I am out of time, I love you!

http://mormon.org/me/4PQ8/ This is a prett good one.

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment