Monday, November 21, 2011

Transfer #6... completed


Here goes transfer number 7/17, it starts on Wednesday.

Well, let me start by talking about transfers.

Elder Warburton was training the last 2 transfers, and these last couples weeks we have all said that Elder Gypp (My mission brother (Elder Warburton is both of our mission father, if you still aren't following)) is ready to train, and sure enough, Saturday morning came and his phone rang. Elder Gypp is training. So Elder Warburton needs to go somewhere right? I called it by the way. He's going to be a Zone Leader in Hurst ( I called the ZL part not the Hurst part). So he is leaving both of his sons, and both of his grandsons, in the same district.

But wait Elder Foust, If Elder Warburton is leaving, that means you need another District Leader. Well.... that is correct.....

and our phone rang on Saturday morning as well.

The situation went like this

"ring ring... ring ring... (automated voice) "Call from... President Sagers..." ring ring... ring ring.... "Call From.... President Sagers..."

meanwhile "Elder Pipher, answer the phone!" " I don't know what to do!" "Just answer it!" "But I... Uh.... Hello, this is Elder Pipher"
"hello Elder Pipher, this is president sagers. How are you today?"
"I'm doing well"
"Good. is your companion there?"

"Yes, here he is"

*tosses phone at Elder Foust

"Hello this is Elder Foust"
"Elder Foust, this is President Sagers. The Lord has a new assignment for you. You are going to stay in your area with your companion, and you are going to be the District Leader. Can you do that?"
"yes president, if the Lord says I can than I can"

etc. etc. etc.

Now... Let me tell you a little bit about the days before.

On Wednesday it occurred to me that if Elder Gypp was going to train, we would need a new DL, and it would probably be me. Honestly, the thought went through my head.

Then on Thursday it came stronger.

Then on Friday night, I had the thought to turn the cell phone up to max volume because it was going to ring the next morning.

My explanation, that was the spirit's version of what I call "Get over it now" Because if it came as a shock, I would have been thrown for a loop, but I was prepared for the shock.

So now, I am a District Leader. Well, no, I take that back, On Wednesday I will be a District Leader.

Meaning:
I give trainings to my District each week

I conduct baptismal interviews

I collect and report numbers each week

I go on 24 hour exchanges with each elder in my district

and all that "great light greater condemnation" stuff.

There is more to it than that, but it is definitely more than the MTC when I was the DL and my duties were

Mail Getter.

Yeah, that was a good time :)

And my District will rock, because the only thing that is changing is that Elder Warburton will be replaced and Elder Gypp will get a new missionary, and the Joshua Elders are both staying! AND They are getting a third companion. Crazy sauce huh. Elder Gardner, the 3rd, was in the mission for 9 months, then got honorably released for eye surgery that was supposed to keep him out of the mission for a month. but it lasted for 6 because of complications with his eye. But now he's back. He dodged the summer, the lucky son of a gun. So that'll be cool. More people for me to go on exchanges with!


anyway, so now that that is past, this week has been awesome.

We had a baptism on Thursday! Gracie ( I called her Grace last week, clever right?) got baptized AND confirmed. Which is weird, because converts are not confirmed at waterside, but she has a special case because she was moving on Friday and we wanted to make sure the ordinance was completed. Boom. Success. I believe my mom should already have the pictures. I am sorry they are blurry, the photographer did not let the camera focus or was shaking or something.

Anyway, that rocked.

Other than those two events, not much has really happened this week for me. Well, I have written a song, but I am still working out the kinks in that, so we'll see what happens. Can I just say I love guitars? I do.

Anyway, As I re-read this email, it seems a little braggy, but I do not mean it to. I just have a lot of positive things to focus on! The work is going great. We have a few people to teach and we have some baptismal dates. so that rocks.

Life is great and the Church is true. I am sorry I do not have time to say more, we have dinner in 5 minutes.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment