Wednesday, December 14, 2011

• Exchanges, Interviews, Emergency Transfers, and Dogs‏

Good Morning everyone. This week has been great.
Being the District Leader, I get to go on exchanges with every Elder in the District. So on Tuesday I went with Elder Fowers. He is from Hyde Park Utah, which is really close to the school in the world. Go aggies.
Anyway, Elder Fowers is awesome. He is new this transfer, he is being trained by my "younger Brother" Elder Gypp (Elder Gypp and I were both trained by Elder Warburton, in case you do not remember me telling you that before). We had a great time talking about music (even though we have very different tastes) and about the gospel (obviously). He is a huge Josh Groban fan, so we are going to rock out to some You Raise Me Up when he gets his CDs from home. It was a really good exchange, he is a really cool kid.
Then on Friday, Elder Whittier and I went on Exchange. It was also very good. I got to work with a missionary who has been out for 23 1/2 months, so I learned some good contacting skills. (but not nun-chucking skills or computer hacking skills). It was really fun. On Friday morning, right before we exchanged, President Sagers called them and told them that Elder Jardine was being transferred the next day. They had a tri-panionship in Joshua ward and the member that they lived with was worried about the sewage lines with three 20 yr old men living in their little apartment, so he got sent to Denton. Anyway, that exchange was also quite fun.
While I was with Elder Whittier, we went to teach the three little girls we are teaching. We had a great lesson and taught them all of the commandments (lesson 4 in PMG). After we finished the lesson we were talking for a minute and the girls started playing with one of their four dogs. They have four Labs, 3 full labs that are pretty small, Cody, Bear, and Buddha, and a Big one that is half something else, named Diesel. Well, as the girls were playing tug-of-war with Cody, he started getting really worked up and they quit pulling for a bit. He walked away and just started growling, so the Mom grapped him and petted him and told him to stop growling, then he barked at her. So she grabbed his collar and lifted him up onto her lap and tried to get him to calm down. he barked again so she hit his nose and he growled and barked again, this time with more anger with his forehead all crinkled and angry looking. Then Diesel jumps at him and starts biting and growling. At first we thought they were just playing again, but after about 3 seconds it was obvious that they were not, and bear and Buddha started in too. So The Mom of the Girls, who is sitting on a couch, gets between Diesel and Cody, trying to protect the smaller dog, and Diesel just freaks out and starts barking and biting and just freaking. So I jumped up and grabbed his collar and ripped him off of Her, but his collar was loose and he pulled out of it. Then Elder Whittier, being the Virginia Farm Boy he is, Jumps on top of Diesel, Grabs his ear, twists it, and shoves his head to the ground. As he is doping that, I grab Bear and Buddha’s collars and pull them away, luckily since they are smaller I was able to keep them away and then the oldest girl jumped up and opened the back door to let the three attacking dogs out, then we tried to cam cody down. He had one tooth mark above his left eye that was bleeding a little bit, but just enough to see some red on his fur. He was scared and shaking bad, so the next few minutes were spent trying to calm him down, and the three little girls who were all bawling and shaking too. It was crazy. Now I know what to do to get a Dog off of someone. Crazy huh. The girls dad was out of town, and our exchange was elderly, so he didn't jump up to help either, so it was all me and Whittier. It was so crazy. They are all ok though.
On Sunday Elvis, who's real name will be revealed next week once he is baptized and I send the pictures, got interviewed and is being baptized on Saturday! it is going to be sweet. Then after church I interviewed JB, a Guy from Joshua who is getting baptized on Wednesday. So it was pretty sweet, I got to do my first baptismal interview. I enjoyed it and learned a lot from it.
This Wednesday will also be Zone Conference, I am excited for that, it will be awesome.
Well, I am out of time. I love you all! I look forward to hearing from you soon :)
Love, Elder Foust
--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment