Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The man who holds the complete works of Aristotle in one hand, and a delicious sandwich in the other‏


Hello everybody! Merry Christmas again, even though it is 3 days late!
So I'll bet many of you are wondering why I am emailing on Wednesday, the answer is simple, burleson library is dumb and is closed until the new year. So, not knowing that previously, we failed our attempts to email yesterday (we already knew it would be closed on Monday). But luckily, after a quick phone call to President Sagers, we got permission to email today. Good stuff.

So, I had an awesome Christmas. I really missed going to grandparent's houses like normal, but it was ok. On Christmas eve we went to a party at a member's house. It is the parents of the family with the 12 kids in the ward. So, basically it was a mad house. We even played the game where you get to pick a present and open it, or you can steal someone else's present they chose. I picked a new one scored some Starbucks Coffee grinds,


 and every member in the room literally laughed out loud with me. luckily someone took pity on me and stole it so I got an Outback steakhouse gift card instead.


On Christmas day I got to spend time with some great people out here. We had 3 meals fed to us on Christmas, which is about average for this mission. We had pumpkin pancakes for breakfast after church at one member's house, then some good breakfast casserole/lasagna stuff at another's for lunch, then Texas BBQ for dinner at a third. It was great. The members out here are very generous and have been giving us tons of food and candy, it's crazy. I feel like I am getting fat again. I am not really, but I feel like it sometimes. I was very grateful to get a package with freshly picked fruit yesterday.



The work is going great. We are going to have another baptism on Tuesday! I am very excited, it is the 9 yr old boy we have been teaching. He is excited to get baptized and will help his parents to become active again. He is a smart little kid.

We went tracting this morning and found a new investigator with great potential. I think she is very sincere and wants to learn. We gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and are going back on Friday afternoon. It will be a good lesson.

Alright, random rant moment from Elder Foust. What is happening to our Country? I heard from someone again that they are pushing to take "One nation under God" out of the pledge because it "takes away Atheist's rights". Bull-freaking-crap. They have every right to not say it if they don't want to, but to take away someone else's right to say it is completely unconstitutional and ridiculous. And then the whole thing about kids reading their scriptures and praying in public schools. Guess what, atheists have every right to not do that, and others should have every right to. If a so-called atheist is offended by it, that is their own personal problem and they need to mature. And the parents that come in and fight it are absolutely ridiculous too. it's so stupid, what are these people thinking? Someone gave me this awesome commentary by Ben Stein to read, I have gotten it in emails before, but it is still great. He talks about how even though he is a Jew, it does not offend him to see Christmas trees in public places, or nativities. He says he even likes it when people say Merry Christmas to him because it is a friendly gesture and helps bring this country together.

Back to "One Nation under God." It doesn't say "one nation under Christ" it doesn't say "one nation under Allah" it doesn't say "one nation under Elohiem" and it doesn't say "one nation under Buddha". It says God. It is Deity. It is the belief that there is something there that binds us together. Be it a holy spirit, a loving father in heaven, life force, chi, or emotion, it binds us as one. It makes us Indivisible, as the pledge states. It makes us united. As the song in Lion King 2 states, We are one!

And, if anyone tried to take that away from me, Toby Keith puts it best. I'll stick a Boot in your _____ Cause it's the American way.

And I can do that, because I bought boots on Monday. Boo-yah.

I love you all. I know this church is true. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and that Thomas S. Monson is today.

-Elder Foust

by the way, it is transfers next week and I will not know until Monday whether or not I will be staying, so if anyone is planning on sending me anything, do it before Saturday or wait until I know where I'll be next month.

LOVE YOU!!!!


--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment