Monday, December 19, 2011

I'll be home for christmas, if only in my dreams.


 Sorry, It is going to be a short email this week.

This week has been great.

On Tuesday we had a great District meeting about Inviting people to learn and make commitments. It was really good, I learned a lot and so did my district.

On Wednesday we had Zone Conference! it was awesome! Being the Christmas Conference, President Sagers showed us a movie. Unfortunately, he is not like the old Mission President who showed Ben Hur, but what we saw was maybe even better. We got to watch 17 miracles. It was great. (Especially looking at all the common LDS actors, like the ones who played Joseph and Hyrum in The Prophet of the Restoration, and T Homas in Finding Faith in Christ) But seriously, that movie rocks. If you have not seen it, go get it. Anyway, during ZC, they took all of our phones away, then at the end gave us new phones. So that's pretty sweet. I like our phone.

On Thursday I got to go on exchange with my mission brother, Elder Gypp, so that was fun. We did some good work.

On Saturday we had a baptism! Preston got baptized! (I called his elvis before because he had this awesome hair do that looked nothing like Elvis, but it worked). Anyway, it was really good. Then on Sunday he got confirmed in one of the best sacrament meetings I have ever seen.

We had the confirmation, 2 Christmas musical numbers, a youth talk, and a Homecoming talk. It was one of the best RM talks I have ever seen too. Cameron (The RM) Had a few non-member friends from high school there, and he was very very bold in his talk, talking about the restoration, the plan of salvation, and the gospel of Jesus Christ. It rocked.

And then this morning, I started playing around with a chorus for the song I have written on guitar, so that's pretty sweet too.

I love the Christmas season. It is going to be weird not being home, not getting to be with friends and family. My best friends are scattered around the world anyway, but still, I am going to miss my family a lot. I'll miss going to Grandma Stokers on Christmas Eve, playing with Eli, Caleb, Hannah, and Lily. I'll miss spending time with the Foust side on Christmas Morning. But, I will get to have new experiences in Texas, things I have never seen before, and my family will still be there in 14 months (not that anyone is counting). This is the Lord's Work. This is the Lord's time. I am happy to be a part of it.

I love you all, I hope you have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year.

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment