Monday, May 7, 2012

Surprise for Elder Foust‏

Well, it is transfers this week, and we were a little surprised when we found out some transfer news this past week.
On Friday was our Zone Leader Council. President Sagers grabbed Elder Fa and said he wanted to talk with him. Long story short, Elder Fa is the new AP.
Which means Elder Foust is staying in Denton for transfer number 4.
It is kind of interesting being in this position, cause like I said last week, I was pretty sure I would leave. But there is something the Lord needs me to do here, and to learn from here. So I need to get to it and find out what it is. Luckily, I have really good guides to find out what those things are. "Feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." and "By the power of the Holy Ghost you may know the truth of all things." Two very important promises for me, especially in this coming transfer.
I was excited on Saturday morning to see my transfer information; we have a lot of great missionaries coming in, and some that I have never heard of. Something else came up, they closed one of the areas in our Zone, and so they have to shuffle up the districts now. It turns out there will be 3 new District Leaders in our Zone, and it is the ZL's responsibility to teach them how to be a District Leader. So I am responsible to teach all of our District Leaders what they need to do. Well, me and my new companion, Elder Phister. (Fibke, then Fa, now Phister. and my name is Foust.) The thing about Elder Phister is that he is a new Zone Leader, so I get to teach him how to be a Zone Leader, while teaching them how to be District Leaders. It's going to be great.
I have been praying that God would help me to better understand how to receive that revelation I need as a leader, to help those I have stewardship over, and I was led to "Feast upon the words of Christ," "And by the power of the Holy Ghost you may know the truth of all things," and "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass." As I prayed for the opportunity to apply these things, I was then given the transfer information that I would be training 3 new district leaders and a new zone leader. I feel a little like President Eyring when he talked about praying for a trial, but I don't really view it as a trial, simply an answered prayer meant to refine me and help me be better. As Elder Sare said a few transfers ago, "The Refiner's Fire: It's Hot. And it Texas it is also humid." Just throw me into the Fire and call me Shadrach, cause I don't plan on getting burned, and I expect Christ to be by my side. (And If I do get burned, you can call me Abinadi).
This transfer will rock though. Elder Gypp, my mission brother (he was also trained by Elder Warburton) is coming up here to be in the Denton 1st ward. And Elder Russon who I got to be friends with in Killeen is coming up too. It is going to be a rocking transfer. We'll have a baptism in a couple weeks (pushed back due to stake conference) and we're planning on setting a few more baptismal dates this week. Things are picking up and we are going to see miracles.
I don't really have anything to rant about today either, so let's just read the ending of a powerful talk about Christ's Atonement
"Whether you are not yet of our faith or were with us once and have not remained, there is nothing in either case that you have done that cannot be undone. There is no problem which you cannot overcome. There is no dream that in the unfolding of time and eternity cannot yet be realized. Even if you feel you are the lost and last laborer of the eleventh hour, the Lord of the vineyard still stands beckoning. “Come boldly [to] the throne of grace,”3 and fall at the feet of the Holy One of Israel. Come and feast “without money and without price”4 at the table of the Lord. I especially make an appeal for husbands and fathers, priesthood bearers or prospective priesthood bearers, to, as Lehi said, “Awake! and arise from the dust … and be men.”5 Not always but often it is the men who choose not to answer the call to “come join the ranks.”6 Women and children frequently seem more willing. Brethren, step up. Do it for your sake. Do it for the sake of those who love you and are praying that you will respond. Do it for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ, who paid an unfathomable price for the future He wants you to have. My beloved brothers and sisters, to those of you who have been blessed by the gospel for many years because you were fortunate enough to find it early, to those of you who have come to the gospel by stages and phases later, and to those of you—members and not yet members—who may still be hanging back, to each of you, one and all, I testify of the renewing power of God’s love and the miracle of His grace. His concern is for the faith at which you finally arrive, not the hour of the day in which you got there. So if you have made covenants, keep them. If you haven’t made them, make them. If you have made them and broken them, repent and repair them. It is never too late so long as the Master of the vineyard says there is time. Please listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit telling you right now, this very moment, that you should accept the atoning gift of the Lord Jesus Christ and enjoy the fellowship of His labor. Don’t delay. It’s getting late." -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
I love you all. I know this church is true. It is getting late, so let's get ready. Let us be as the 5 wise virgins in another parable, and have our lambs ready to go.

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment