Monday, August 29, 2011

Madness? This isn't madness.. THIS IS TEXAS!!!!


Want to know what madness is? 112 degrees Fahrenheit with a heat index of 117. that's madness. Now add riding about 20 miles in that heat over the course of one Saturday. I am very happy to have a camelback. without it, I probably would have died.

So this week is transfers already. Holy cow this past 6 weeks has flown by. I got a call this morning from the Zone Leaders with my "Transfer Doctrine". They told me where I am going and who my companion is. I am very excited to go there and it will be awesome.

After I was told where I was going I asked where the other members of the zone would be headed. They told me that they would tell me right after they hung up. After the call ended we got a mass text from the ZLs to the whole zone that said

"You're all staying!

Except Elder Foust"
We had P-day activity at the church and everyone said goodbye to me. I won't miss the city of Killeen so much, mostly just the people I have met and the Missionaries I've become close to, which is practically the whole zone.

It will be weird transferring to ________ without anyone else in the car. It will just be me and a member. Fun stuff. then when he drops me off, he'll pick up a missionary and bring them down to Waco (just north of Killeen) and drop him, then go to temple (just east of Killeen) to pick up Elder Stanworth, who is my replacement and bring him to Killeen.

This week we taught Michael and Lindsey a bit more, they both accepted the Baptismal date of September 24th! They are going to be solid. They're awesome. They are actually our only real investigators right now, other than Devan. The rest are kind of in limbo between being investigators and not.

Well, I had better enjoy riding my bike tomorrow, since I will be doing it less for at least the next 6 weeks while I'm in __________.

Anyway, I love you all!

I hope to hear from all of you soon!

I've learned a lot more about the Atonement while on my mission. Read Alma 7 to understand more about it for yourself. It will bring comfort to you as you prayerfully read, ponder, and pray about it.

Love you!

--
--Elder Braxton C Foust--

No comments:

Post a Comment